OLMC Strategic Plan 2016–2019
The OLMC Strategic Plan 2016–2019 focuses on eight ‘Key Commitments’ that apply to all aspects of OLMC’s improvement agenda.
Our key commitments are that we will:
- Become a stronger dialogical school, assisting students and staff to experience and value the Catholic story in our culturally diverse communities
- Deepen staff and students’ understanding and knowledge of Catholic moral and social teaching and support students in apportioning personal meaning in their lives
- Draw on the treasures of the Scriptures, the Catholic tradition and the Mercy story to build student and staff capacity for empathetic, compassionate and active citizenship
- Ensure that our learning and teaching narrative, with its genesis in the College’s Learning and Teaching Charter, is enacted in teaching practice, classroom dynamics and professional learning programs
- Strengthen staff-student relationships and student wellbeing initiatives to maximise the aspirations and learning behaviours of students
- Investigate and implement strategies for optimal use of our resources to promote and sustain contemporary learning and community development
- Strengthen student voice and dialogue to facilitate their learning and development
- Investigate and implement employment policies and strategies to enable the College to recruit, develop and retain high performing staff at all stages of their work life.