Careers Week at OLMC
Posted: 18-May-2021The objectives of Careers Week at OLMC (17–21 May) include that the various programs and events:
- raise students’ aspirations regarding their longer-term futures;
- raise awareness about the changing nature of work and its impact on all Australians;
- showcase industries and the career opportunities available to students and some of the learning pathways associated with them.
A Careers Kahoot Competition has ushered in the week. In their Monday morning Pastoral, students of all year levels have speculated then learned about some of the aspirations, achievements and advice of their teachers and other staff at OLMC. Following this, other program opportunities on offer are:
Return to the Latest News
- A Year 13 Virtual Careers Expo. These are virtual sessions running Monday – Wednesday from 4.00pm each day, with hundreds of sessions to choose from involving inspiring and experienced presenters. The presenters intend to provoke, inform and challenge participants while answering all career-related questions.
- A Health Industry Q&A Panel. Past OLMC students Danielle, Melinda & Emma (qualified Oncologist, Physiotherapist & Occupational Therapist) will speak about their rewarding specialisations, the various study pathways taken to get to their current position, and what advice they are offering our future group of ‘carer’ professionals.
- A Creative Arts Industry Information Session on Screen Writing. Hannah Samuel, a recent OLMC graduate, will discuss her journey from studying Drama and Theatre Studies in VCE to now, in 2021, enjoying a successful career as a screen writer.
- An ‘Explore Your Options’ Drop in Session in the Learning Commons. This is a dedicated time and space for student research into future career options and pathways, with Careers Coordinator, Mrs Williams, present to guide, support and answer questions students may have.