Top VCE Graduates Acknowledged
At our first whole school assembly for 2020 (Wednesday 12 February), we formally celebrated with our ‘Top 10’ VCE high achievers of the class of 2019. Girls who had achieved the top score in each VCE subject were also acknowledged, and there were some exciting announcements about girls who had received tertiary scholarships and state-wide ‘Top Screen’ and ‘Top Design’ recognition.
Well done to the following ‘Top Ten’ 2019 graduates whose ATAR scores ranged from 96.15 to 99.15.
- Emily McLean (Dux)
- Katia Lepore
- Stephane Uzelac
- Isabella Henry-Jerrett
- Natalie Botta
- Jenny Le
- Sophia Dowling
- Destinee Stubbs
- Anais Gadsden
- Mina Wang
Subject Dux Awards
Girls who had achieved the top score in each VCE subject were also acknowledged at the February Assembly. Congratulations to:
ACCOUNTING Lidia Mocibob (Year 11)
BIOLOGY Emily McLean
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Erin Bullock and Quyen Nguyen
CHEMISTRY Stephanie Uzelac
DRAMA Isabella Henry-Jerrett and Jenny Le
ENGLISH Victoria Dicello
ENGLISH LANGUAGE Katia Lepore
FOOD STUDIES Chloe De Leo and Alannah Lawry
GLOBAL POLITICS Ava Cole and Isobel Taylor
HEALTH & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT Natalie Botta
HISTORY: REVOLUTIONS Emily Harris
LANGUAGES: ITALIAN Katia Lepore
LANGUAGES: FRENCH Emily McLean
LANGUAGES: JAPANESE Minami Adcock (Year 11)
LEGAL STUDIES Jane McEvey
LITERATURE Jenny Le
MATHS: MATHS METHODS Stephanie Uzelac
MATHS: SPECIALIST MATHS Stephanie Uzelac
MATHS: FURTHER MATHEMATICS Emily Jackson and Eliza Smith
MEDIA Isabella Henry-Jerrett
MUSIC PERFORMANCE Luisa D’Intini
PHYSICS Katia Lepore
PHYSICAL EDUCATION Natalie Botta
PSYCHOLOGY Natalie Botta
STUDIO ARTS Destinee Stubbs
TEXT AND TRADITIONS Emily Newell (Year 11)
THEATRE STUDIES Eleanor Jones (Year 11)
VCAL Natasha Grillinzoni
VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS DESIGN Emily Harris
The Assembly provided the opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate several added and highly significant achievements of our graduates. These were:
- Kate Keenan’s media production, an animation titled 'Wing Man', has been selected for the 2020 VCE Season of Excellence Top Screen Festival at the Capitol & Treasury Theatre (5 March-30 April).
- Ashleigh Miron’s set and prop pieces from her Monologue exam (from Sweeney Todd) has been selected for display at the 2020 VCE Season of Excellence Top Designs Exhibition at the Melbourne Museum (20 March – 12 July).
- Taylor Radatti has been awarded a Bachelor of Accounting and Business Information Technology (Professional) Scholarship at Swinburne University of Technology.
- Isabella Henry-Jerrett and Brigid McEntee have been awarded a Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship at Swinburne University of Technology
- Katia Lepore has been awarded a Melbourne Principals’ Scholarship at the University of Melbourne.
Principal, Judith Weir, on behalf of the College, congratulated all the award winners.
We are privileged today to be able to share in your joy and wish you well as you move to the next exciting part of your lives.
College Dux Emily McLean with Judith Weir and with proud and delighted family members.
Return to the Latest News